SYRACUSE SELECT BASKETBALL RE-OPENING PROTOCOL
- Syracuse Select Basketball will be limiting the amount of people in the facility at any given time. Accordingly, we ask that only 1 parent and participants and staff enter the building during operating hours
- All parents/caregivers will drop off players at the main entrance of Boys & Girls Club. Every individual that enters the building will have his/her temperature read by our thermal thermostat. In the event any individual’s body temperature reads 100.4 ⁰ or above, the individual will be subjected to additional testing with a no-touch, digital forehead thermometer. Upon confirmation of a body temperature of 100.4 ⁰ or above, the individual will be not be permitted into the facility until either a period of fourteen (14) days or until they can provide a negative COVID-19 test from their doctor or medical professional. In addition, our staff will regularly monitor all players for signs of illness, flushed cheeks, difficulty breathing or excessive fatigue.
- Players will proceed to their respective court. In compliance with the Governor’s directive, each player will stay with their teams and their respective coach throughout the duration of the game
HEALTH & SAFETY
STANDARD PROCEDURES & REMINDERS
- Hand Washing: Campers will need to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after handling equipment, blowing their nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Social Distancing: It is recommended to stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people, when possible. We will be encouraging social distancing through increased spacing, small groups, and limited mixing between groups, and staggered scheduling, arrival, and drop off, whenever feasible.
- Cover Coughs and Sneezes: Always remember to cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
SANITATION & CLEANING PROCEDURES
- Frequently Touched Surfaces: Frequently touched surfaces including doorknobs, countertops, handles, toilets, faucets, etc. will be cleaned and disinfected by our staff every 2-3 hours, and then again when leagues camps and academy wraps up for the day. Unnecessary furniture and equipment have been removed so that there are less surfaces.
- Cleaning Stations: Each camp will have a designated cleaning station with EPA certified cleaning solutions for increased cleanup throughout the day.
- Hand Washing & Sanitizing: We will be promoting frequent handwashing for campers and staff. Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the building for in between handwashing.
- Staff Training: All Syracuse Select Staff have been trained in new health and safety protocols.
- Our facility will be sanitized daily. All field turf and bleacher areas will be cleaned with commercial-grade disinfectant. Our facility has been cleaned from top to bottom. All filters in our ventilation system have been replaced and doors will be opened to provide maximum air circulation.
ON-GOING MONITORING. Academy and Camps
- When to Stay Home: We encourage any camper who is sick, or coming from a household where someone is sick, to stay home.
- New Developments: Our team will regularly communicate and monitor developments with local authorities, employees, and families regarding cases, potential exposure and updates to policies and procedures.
MASKS & FACE COVERINGS
- Staff: All staff will wear cloth face coverings.
- Campers: In accordance with the Governor’s directive, children will not be required to wear cloth face coverings, although face coverings are still recommended by the CDC, especially for older youth, when feasible.